Jeremy Streten is a lawyer and author of the book The Business Legal Lifecycle.
Jeremy has been featured on TV many times having experience in the areas of property law, conveyancing, retail and commercial leases, wills, probate, estate planning, litigation and dispute resolution, debt recovery, building and construction law, commercial and corporate law including liquor licensing, corporate restructuring, recovery and insolvency.
Jeremy’s passion is to help entrepreneurs and small to medium sized business owners to succeed in their business, so they can live the life they want to live. His book “The Business Legal Lifecycle” is a guidebook designed to help business owners understand what they are doing in their business from a legal perspective and provides them with a plan for the future.
During our chat, we covered:
- why and when you should engage a lawyer
- the type of documentation you should have in your business and when it’s required
- the 13 steps of the business legal lifecycle (infographic below)
- when to expect dips in business growth, the actions required to move through those slower periods and back to a growth phase
- some of the common areas business owners go wrong, in the area of law, and
- Jeremy’s thoughts on exiting a business and why everyone needs to plan for that stage of both their business and life
To connect with Jeremy or to buy his book, head to businesslegallifecycle.com.au and to get the Trench Talk bonuses and gifts Jeremy mentions towards the end of the episode, head to businesslegallifecycle.com.au/trench/
If you enjoy Trench Talk, please remember to hit the subscribe button inside your chosen podcast player, more episodes can be found at xrm.com.au/podcast