Judy Celmins is the Marketing Director and Eriks Celmins is the CEO of Engage4insights, a New Zealand based research and innovation company which helps businesses engage with and to better understand their audiences (including their customers and employees) in order to drive better decisions and outcomes.
Judy is a born marketer who loves building relationships with people and understanding why they buy. She has spent her career experimenting with different techniques to engage with customers, learn more about their unmet needs and how to serve them better. Judy learned the more she could add value, the more engaged they became.
Eriks background is in radio as an on-air host so his job was too grab the audiences attention quickly and to keep them listening for as long as possible. In the radio business, listeners equals ad revenue and Eriks figured out pretty quickly that engaging with your audience is the best way to get to know them better, and the better you know them, the easier it is to keep them entertained.
Together, they have formulated a methodology and system to help businesses collect and collate customer and employee insights to help drive better decision making and to fuel innovation.
Their clients include NZME (New Zealand’s premier integrated media company, which trades on the Australian stock exchange), Communications Fiji Limited, and PNG-FM. And have included Austereo, Nova Entertainment, Foxtel, and companies in the UK, Europe and South-East Asia.
- why relationship marketing is so important, especially in uncertain times when customers are looking to do business with people they trust (like the current coronavirus pandemic we are all currently working through, we recorded this in April of 2020)
- building an Insights Story and what that really means
- using research for better decision-making
- why getting honest, direct feedback is important in some situations and how it can speed up decision making
- the tech product Judy and Eriks have built and, as always,
Get Trench Talk: iTunes | SoundCloud | RSS | MP3 | Spotify | YouTube | Notifications